Specializing in Small Jobs and Rare Castings in Gray Iron
The Williamsport Foundry Co. was founded in 1916 by William Ertel and Walter E. Ertel, Sr. and has been in the same family ever since. As the last remaining foundry in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we pride ourselves on being able to pour castings others have found difficult to produce.
The Williamsport Foundry was first located in a converted chicken coop about six blocks east of its current location. The company is currently being run by the third generation of a family of foundrymen. They pride themselves in meeting their customers' demands for timely delivery of quality castings at competitive prices. Their major customers include Andritz, Goulds Pumps, G. E. Energy Services, Flowserve, and Alstom.
Originally, Williamsport Foundry poured only brass and bronze. The Foundry expanded into iron in 1930. Today they pour iron almost exclusively. The Williamsport Foundry continually seeks to improve its casting quality and pricing through technological changes and managerial resourcefulness.